Legends of Eris
Cheerful, pink-haired bard
Str: 8 (-1)
Dex: 18 (+ 3)
Con: 12 (+ 0)
Int: 9 (+ 0)
Wis: 13 (+ 1)
Cha: 18 (+ 3)
Alignment: Good – Use your art to make others happy.
When you first enter a civilized settlement, someone who respects the custom of hospitality to minstrels will take you in as their guest.
When you weave a performance into a basic spell, choose an ally and two effects:
- Heal 1d8 damage (Additional 1d8 for Healing Song)
- +1d4 forward to damage (Additional 1d4 for Vicious Cacophony)
- Their mind is shaken clear of one enchantment
- The next time someone successfully assists the target with aid, they get + 2 instead of + 1
- +1 to one roll for the scene (Faerie Jig)
Then roll + CHA. On a 10 +, the ally gets the selected effect. On a 7-9, your spell still works, but you draw unwanted attention or your magic reverberates to other targets affecting them as well, GM’s choice.
- Grand Histories of the Known World (focus on customs, especially entertainment/festivities)
When you first encounter an important creature, location, or item (your call) covered by your bardic lore, you can ask the GM any one question about it; the GM will answer truthfully. The GM may then ask you what tale, song, or legend you heard that information in.
Charming and Open
When you speak frankly with someone, you can ask their player a question from the list below. They must answer it truthfully, then they may ask you a question from the list (which you must answer truthfully).
- Whom do you serve?
- What do you wish I would do?
- How can I get you to ______?
- What are you really feeling right now?
- What do you most desire?
A Port in the Storm
When you return to civilized settlement you’ve visited before, tell the GM when you were last here. They’ll tell you how it’s changed since then.
When you heal with arcane art, you heal +1d8 damage. (Additional 1d8 for Healing Song)
When you grant bonus damage with arcane art, you grant an extra +1d4 damage. (Additional 1d4 for Vicious Cacophany)
Your arcane art is strong, allowing you to choose two effects instead of one. You also get to choose one of those effects to double.
It Goes To Eleven
When you unleash a crazed performance (a righteous lute solo or mighty brass blast, maybe) choose a target who can hear you and roll+Cha. On a 10+ the target attacks their nearest ally in range. On a 7–9 they attack their nearest ally, but you also draw their attention and ire.
Song of Fire Protection
Creates a magical aquatic barrier that grants +2 armor against fire.
Leather Armor (Armor +1, 1 weight)
Hunter’s Bow (near, far, 1 weight)
Bucker (Armor +1, 1 weight)
Bundle of arrows (1 ammo, 1 weight)
Dueling Rapier (close, 1 piercing, precise, 2 weight)
Adventuring gear (1 weight)
- Lock picks
- Confetti popper (2 ammo left) +1 to distractions/party
- Grappling Hook
Rations, 5 (1 weight)
Concertina (0 weight)
2 Healing Potions (0 weight)
1 Antitoxin (0 weight)
Luminescent Mushrooms (0 weight)
==Bag of Holding==
1 Rifle ammo (1 weight)
Ajax’s shield (Armor 1, 2 weight)
Ornate chest (1200 coins, 1 weight)
Books (2 weight)
Carry Capacity: 8/8
1) Ajax saved my life… I don’t know why I ever doubted her. I still need to talk to her about how dangerous this is, but…
2) I helped Mechano regain a memory! There’s still a long way to go, but I hope he’ll be back to his old self soon.
3) Lucia’s been hurt in pursuit of her heroism! I want to help her in any way I can, but my magic wasn’t enough…
4) I don’t know if things are all right in Eriskay. I’m worried about what’s going on there…
5) Kumari is wonderful! And even though it seems strange, I think I believe her about Goomie…
Mina hails from the sleepy little town of Eriskay. She’s a half-elf, whose elven father settled down with humans and never speaks about his own people much. Because of her heritage, she sports wild, pink hair that stands out in a crowd. Though it set her apart from the other townspeople, her cheerful demeanor made her popular in her hometown, and she grew up with many friends. One of her closest friends is the farmhand Ajax, whom she’s known since childhood.
Mina loves to make people smile, so as she came into adulthood, she became known for hosting parties and festivities. She honed her bardic talents to help with this, and became so gifted at her craft that she also traveled to other nearby towns to perform her art. One day, while she was visiting another town to perform in an event, a small group representing one of the three factions in the Blood Feud came to town. Up until recently, all the towns of this region had remained neutral in the conflict. While she was there, she saw the town swayed to pick a side and take up arms. Distressed by this, she returned home to Eriskay.
Mina announced that she was going to head out to see the world with her own eyes, and to try to bring some sanity back into the feuding world. In spite of protests about the danger, she was determined to go out. Ajax, worried for her friend’s safety, decided to accompany her, and the two set off together, heading for the city of Sun’s Peak.
Date of change
- I don’t know anything about Mechano now…
- I’m gonna stop Eriskay from getting involved in the war!
- Lucia really stepped up to that priest. I think she really could be a great hero!
- Ajax is putting herself in so much danger for my sake, and she’s been paying for it, too. What if she’s the one who needs protection?
- I don’t really think that I need her protection, but I’m still really glad Ajax is here.
- I guess the world is a dangerous place… Maybe I do need Ajax’s protection after all.
- I like Lucia, but she’s way too nervous! She needs to gain some confidence!
- Go’Zal has the wrong idea about courage. I want her to see things my way.
- This Dr. Mechano guy is really funny! I wonder if he’d want to be friends?
- I need to find my sister, Princess Kumari!
- Mechano actually came to help when I asked… As soon as we get a chance to rest, I’m gonna try to befriend him.
- I’ve found Kumari, but I don’t know anything about her yet! I’ve got to get to know her.
- I think Go’Zal might be starting to see things my way. She just needs a little guidance.
- COMPLETED BOND: I think I’ve made a positive impact on Go’Zal. I hope we’ll meet again!
- I’m so happy I have a new sister! Kumari seems a bit strange, though. What’s with the bear…?